Ditty Bags for Misc Items Organization

WBouldin

What are folks using for ditty bags to organize gear into little bags? I have used the MR Zoid bags but they are big/heavy and you can't see what is in them.

Looking at Hilltop Packs bags and like the idea of customizing a logo to label what is in them (electronics/poop stuff/tools/etc.) but they are a tad pricey. The exo stash pockets are nice but a little on the small side.

Any ideas?

I’ve made my own drawstring bags on a sewing machine out of tyvek envelopes for specific sizes of stuff I want to store. I just write what’s inside with sharpie on the outside. Cheap, light, and effective, but not very puncture proof.

There’s also a wide variety of smaller-batch ultralight dyneema type stuff on sites like Garage Grown Gear and Etsy that should fit the bill.

If you go to any "discount" retail store (Marshall's, TJ Maax, etc) you'll find lightweight zip bags in various sizes in the travel section...usually 3-4 for about $10. Same as MR zoid or similar.

I've got a set from Eddie Bauer that I think I paid $12 for 4 bags during a 50% off sale.

Paying the extra premium for the hunting brand zip bags for organization is a bit silly, IMHO.

Edit...looks like this is the set I picked up.

Probably tons of options on Amazon too.

Last edited:
I have some stuff from Hilltop and they make good stuff. I spent the extra money for the design on my food bag and tent stakes cause I thought it was humorous. Generally speaking a bag is a bag though I am picky on my food bag.

There are a ton of small mom and pop internet store on etsy. I scored some great dyneema ditty bags for pretty cheap on there and I could pick the color. Sometimes if a store is trying to gain traction or sales are slow they'll have a good coupon.

If you go to any "discount" retail store (Marshall's, TJ Maax, etc) you'll find lightweight zip bags in various sizes in the travel section...usually 3-4 for about $10. Same as MR zoid or similar.

I've got a set from Eddie Bauer that I think I paid $12 for 4 bags during a 50% off sale.

Paying the extra premium for the hunting brand zip bags for organization is a bit silly, IMHO.

Edit...looks like this is the set I picked up.

Probably tons of options on Amazon too.
I use some of those, Amazon brand I think. I went through my bag and found a variety of stuff - one of these for kill kit, ziplock for TP roll, Sea-to-Summit for first aid. The waterproof need drives the decision on which to use. These cubes look great in the sales picture but I have tried them in various travel and hunting situations and by the end of the trip my bag always ends up looking like a handgrenade went off in it. That might be on me though, LOL.

I have a little stone glacier one that can attach to the inside of my pack so it doesn’t always fall to the bottom, I like it. I am, however, considering upgrading to a Crown Royal drawstring bag. I feel like that’s a boss move and really puts the elk on notice.

I have a little stone glacier one that can attach to the inside of my pack so it doesn’t always fall to the bottom, I like it. I am, however, considering upgrading to a Crown Royal drawstring bag. I feel like that’s a boss move and really puts the elk on notice.
Yup, I got lots of CR drawstring bags carrying shotgun shells right now...the OG ditty bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back