Devils Lake

duckhunt

We had a real good trip. The first morning was slow but after we got the fish figured out it was game on. The perch came in waves with some walleye in the mix. We ended up just short of our limit of both perch and wlleye both days. I guess I was the lucky one with a 29 inch walleye weighing in at 10 lbs.:hump:

Attachments

• DSCF0018.jpg
    DSCF0018.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 416
  • get-attachment (1).jpg
    get-attachment (1).jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 412
  • get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 411
Devils lake has been insane this winter. Probably the best perch bite in 15 years. I got out for a little over an hour this afternoon on a lake not far from devils. Brought 7 home from 10-12" before got the call from the boss that it was time to come home and had to leave a vex loaded with hungry fish below. Getting out even for a little bit is better than not getting out at all.

Sign me up. Looks like a ton of fun.

If you ever decide to venture out to Devils Lake definitely let me know. I would gladly host some people at the family farm and do some good ice fishing. My brothers tell me it has been outstanding as well this year.

Yes the walleye is going on the wall. We went through perch patrol since this was our first time there. A lake that size I think a guide was very handy.

Back