daughters turkey hunt

teamhoyt

Last night my 7yr old daughter wanted to go with on a turkey hunt, so I grabbed the bow and heading out. We found a small group out in an open pasture so we drove down the road to a creek drainage that would get us about 150 yds away from them. we grabbed our gear and started our sneek up the draw. We found a nice little spot to set up the blind and I had her put up the decoys. After about 5 min of calling we spotted a turkey head peak over the hill and then another and another. 3 jakes came walking down the hill until they were about 20 yds from the decoys then they ran right in. I think my daughters eyes were big as saucers lol. I knew the big gobblers would probably make their way over as well but I can get another tag and my girl was there so I wacked a jake. She was thrilled, I can't remember ever seeing her so excited and it was non stop jabbering the rest of the night and if I know her at all her whole class has heard the story several times today already. I will cherish this memory for a long time.

here are the pics

Attachments

• turkey.jpg
    turkey.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 182
  • turkey 1.jpg
    turkey 1.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 182
  • turkey 2.jpg
    turkey 2.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 180

Forum statistics