Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Couple New Mexico Bulls

Cody, I admire you and your wife taking your son out hunting at such a young age. That is as cool as it gets. I was hoping you would get that big bull, given some of the rumors I had heard about him. Very bummed for you. Hopefully you find a bigger one next year.

Thanks, Randy. There were times on this hunt that the the reality of elk hunting with three generations of family literally brought me to tears. At one point my wife was coming down a trail to camp and met her father and my father (two proven and storied elk hunters) pushing our son up the trail in his stroller... my son loves being outside and I intend on growing that passion in him as much as possible.
I can only hope my son and I will be hunting together in the future like you and Matt.

As for the big one that got away, well... I'm pretty sick about it, yet grateful to see such an incredible animal in the wild. We have a couple of 370+ bulls (1 one of which was killed by a youth hunter) on film from the archery hunt and the bull I missed makes them look like raghorns. He is a giant of giants and I'm damned lucky to have seen him, much less had an opportunity to kill him. The good thing is that I am certain to see him in my dreams for years to come.

-Cody

Brian, Cody, family and friends. Great stories great pictures and a great hunt you will always remember. One of these days I am going to tag along with you guys. Although I have never met you Brian if you can hang with Cody and Tony I know I will like your style. Congrats again getting ready for my late season archery blacktail hunt in two weeks and hope to have a story and some pics to share.
Adam

What a hunt, great bulls guys!

Taking the little one hunting is pretty cool. I've got a 10 week old sleeping on my lap right now, so I'm really looking forward to hunts like that.

Last edited:
What a hunt, great bulls guys!

Taking the little one hunting is pretty cool. I've got a 10 week old sleeping on my lap right now, so I'm really looking forward to hunts like that.

Jwill, congrats on the little one! My little guy, lab and I are sitting on the couch together right now and he's pinching her to pieces. It's tough having them in the field, but rewarding beyond belief...

Here's to getting our little ones into the field as much as possible.
-Cody

Thanks, Randy. There were times on this hunt that the the reality of elk hunting with three generations of family literally brought me to tears. At one point my wife was coming down a trail to camp and met her father and my father (two proven and storied elk hunters) pushing our son up the trail in his stroller... my son loves being outside and I intend on growing that passion in him as much as possible.
I can only hope my son and I will be hunting together in the future like you and Matt.

As for the big one that got away, well... I'm pretty sick about it, yet grateful to see such an incredible animal in the wild. We have a couple of 370+ bulls (1 one of which was killed by a youth hunter) on film from the archery hunt and the bull I missed makes them look like raghorns. He is a giant of giants and I'm damned lucky to have seen him, much less had an opportunity to kill him. The good thing is that I am certain to see him in my dreams for years to come.

-Cody

That's good stuff right there. My son is just over 2 and I hope he can get the chance to hunt with his grandpa. This year I "forced" my brother and his son to hunt with me and Dad. My brother never hunted with us growing up and I know Dad's hunting days are limited, so I wanted to make sure that he got to hunt with one of his grandchildren at least once.

That's good stuff right there. My son is just over 2 and I hope he can get the chance to hunt with his grandpa. This year I "forced" my brother and his son to hunt with me and Dad. My brother never hunted with us growing up and I know Dad's hunting days are limited, so I wanted to make sure that he got to hunt with one of his grandchildren at least once.

JR, congrats on getting out with your old man, especially with your brother and nephew. I hope your little guy gets out with his grandfather as well. Do it as much as you can right now.

Also, I can't believe you and Tony were roommates! Small world we live in, that's for certain. I think we've got him as hooked on hunting right now as he has ever been for steelhead. He's gone off the deep end!

-Cody

great job guys! Great bulls and to share it with a hunting party like that is what its all about!

Great story and pictures guys. Those are some fine bulls.

Your son is sure cute Cody. Did you ever know you could love something as much as that little guy?

Great story and pictures guys. Those are some fine bulls.

Your son is sure cute Cody. Did you ever know you could love something as much as that little guy?

Scott, thanks for the kind compliments and you are right, I never knew I could love something so as my little guy AND I finally realize how much my folks love me.

You headed to Vegas this year?

-Cody

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back