PEAX Equipment

Col.unit 61 1st rifle

Yooper Bob

I am looking for info on unit 61,I would like to find the roughest country,this is usually where the biggest bulls live.I have the Plateau map and it looks like there are several possible areas,any tips from someone who has been there?

Bob,

Congrats on a very, very good elk tag.

I hunted 3rd season deer in 61 last year and I saw 100 elk for every deer I saw. It's a virtual elk petting zoo.

The unit has a lot of roads. I think if you can glass and wait for a good one, a bull of a lifetime could be yours.

I saw many good bulls near roads, The pressure is so limited the elk don't get pushed into the more remote areas in my opinion.

Thanks a lot T-bone, I have waited a long time for this tag and want to make the most of it.I just retired and for once can scout for a week.Are there any areas that you think I should spend the most time in.You really have me fired up.

Thanks noharleyyet,dan.Kirkpatrick ,I drew with 18 pts.Last year I tried to draw the muzzeloader tag but didnt with 17 pts.The 1st rifle last year took 16 pts ,it must have gone up to17 this year so I was sure I would draw with 18.Now the fun starts with the research and I appreciate any help members care to share.When you are 1600 mi. away you have to rely on the phone and internet.

I am in the same OLD boat as you,sorry Magicman but I plan on shooting the biggest bull in 61,I will leave the second biggest for you.But seriously going to send you a P.M.I might be able to help you once I get there.

Thanks Southerncoloradoguy thats the plan,to go get them,it took 18 yrs to get the green light.....now we are trying to find where to hunt them .Any info on 61? any help is appreciated.

Back