Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Clorado Goose Hunting - Central Part of State

drtdeer

Anyone here hunt geese north of Denver?

I am on the north side of Boulder. Have had the need to drive up to Loveland a couple times this week and the geese are everywhere. It's like they are taunting me. I'm pretty sure I saw one give me the finger with his right wing as he flew over my truck.

I moved here in August and haven't had an opportunity to check out the public areas or network to find other hunters or private spots.

Any leads would be great.

The bad thing about that area is you need to have a lease. Some of the guys I have talked to spend 8,000 dollars a year for a pit near the Budweiser plant. Public is pretty tough to come by.

Yeah, have had duck leases when I lived in MO for the last few years, but now need to save my money for big game gear I didn't need for the whitetails.

I thought I saw a couple of publice places up around Loveland on DWS site, maybe not.

The bad thing about that area is you need to have a lease. Some of the guys I have talked to spend 8,000 dollars a year for a pit near the Budweiser plant. Public is pretty tough to come by.

I'm gladl I don't live in CO. eight grand for a pit lease? Thats crazy!!!:eek:

I'm gladl I don't live in CO. eight grand for a pit lease? Thats crazy!!!:eek:

I'm glad I dont live in Northern Colorado where that leasing crap is going on too! Luckily in Southern Colorado we dont have the bird numbers to justify leasing like they do up north, but with all the Texans and their leasing mentality moving here I'm sure its just a matter of time :(

Back