Cleaning kits

Popcan

Just curious if anyone out there has a quality cleaning kit that they really like. I purchased a cheap one a few years ago and just broke the push rod as I was cleaning my rifle. It was one of those $35 kits from the big box stores. Anyone know of any of better quality? I'd rather not have tho buy a new one every couple years. Am I doomed?

Do yourself and your rifle a favor. Get an appropriate length cleaning rod, a quality bore guide and the properly sized patches, jags and brushes for the rifles you are cleaning. mtmuley

Do yourself and your rifle a favor. Get an appropriate length cleaning rod, a quality bore guide and the properly sized patches, jags and brushes for the rifles you are cleaning. mtmuley

I was having issues earlier this year and this is what I did form thier advice. I won't go back, so much nicer and a better end result.

An Otis is great for a quick cleaning, but if you have to push several solvent patches, then several passes with a bore brush, and then several patches to dry the bore, a properly fitting cleaning rod with a quality bore guide will make the job a lot quicker and easier. I use a Lucas bore guide, Bore Tech Eliminator Solvent, a Bore Tech coated cleaning rod, and their brushes and jags. I do carry an Otis kit in my pack when hunting "just in case".

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Seems obvious now but, it never even crossed my mind to put together my own kit lol. You guys are the best.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back