Christmas goose and a few more!!!!!!!

wingman1

This weekend hunt was a tough one. Rancher imposed a few restrictions on how I was going to put this hunt together. I thank him for allowing the hunt to take place but it sure made it a hard one. The geese were landing in the cattle. I had to set up 400 yards from the cattle in a different pasture so not to disturb them Also we had to position our blinds away from the cows. Every flock of geese flew straight to the cows and then with futile flagging and calling a few would come take a look at us. Every flock that would lock up, came in on our backs. We had to wait for them to swing away from the cows before shooting. Now I think I shot about as bad as I have ever shot in my life! Not to mention a few benelli clicks Anyway we had alot of fun but got my pride hurt by not getting limits!!!!!! 10 geese and 6 greenheads . Could have got full limits of ducks and a few more geese if we hunted all day but had to get out at noon. Time to put away the shotguns and get ready for Santa.

Attachments

• duckgeese21.jpg
    duckgeese21.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 179
  • ducksgeese12.jpg
    ducksgeese12.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 181
Some how I don't think that this is your first rodeo with geese and ducks. I shot a duck once. He ate pretty good. Just don't have the time for them.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back