Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Chamber sealer

brockel

Seems like we go through a vacuum sealer every couple years so looking to spend a little extra on a chamber sealer but wondering if the $600 price tag is worth it? Do they last longer?

They sure are nice and the bags are way cheaper. Like 1,000 bags for $50 or $60. I’ve just had mine for 3 years so can’t speak to the lasting longer part but they sure are nice.

Mine was a bit more than $600 but I’m super happy with it.

That’s the one I have. There are a few $100 off coupon codes around if you look at some of the reviews on YouTube.

Curious why you think your vacuum sealer is dying every few years? Mine is about 12 years old and still works.

I was quizzing npaden last year about chamber vac. I bought a vacmaster 215 last January, so only 11 months under my belt. That being said, love it and use it on a daily basis. Currently 15% off price below. Heavy as sheet, so is part of the kitchen and not stored. As mentioned, bags are much cheaper as well.

Never owned a vacuum sealer as everyone I talked with considered them a 1 to 2 year disposable kitchen appliance.
1701624267289.png

Curious why you think your vacuum sealer is dying every few years? Mine is about 12 years old and still works.
Gets used a ton between butchering chickens, pigs, deer, antelope, and fish. Than the bulk buying when we go out of town. Seals go out often so replace them but they don’t last long.

If you have a dehydrator they have a separate seal strip that allows you to use the aluminum foil bags so you could do your own mountain house type meals.

I need to make some big pots of soups and stews and freeze those since the vacuum chamber allows you to seal liquids. Would be a good option as the way we do it now you make a big pot and end up getting a little tired of it by the time you get it all eaten.

We use one for processing and there isn’t a comparison. It wins every time hands down. I hate the vac seal one when I have to use it.

I've had one for about 20 years. I used it in my fishing charter business and now at home. Once you've had one you wonder how you got by without it. Mine's a pretty big discontinued model and we built a wheeled cart that it sets on. When not in use it slides under a counter. My wife is a wiz at hand wrapping our big game but if she's not around I use the chamber vac. Where it really shines is for fish, leftovers and bulk buying. I think it pays for itself in time. I've noticed prices have come down on some smaller models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back