Cast bullets

What are you going to be using it for initially? If you are just wanting to get to know your gun, I would recommend that you buy 500-1000 bulk 240 gr cast bullets, load them up in front of a light charge of Unique, and start shooting.

I like and use Cast Performance bullets but I think you would be wasting your money using them for plinking.

Make sure you have a good crimp so the bullets don't jump and lock up the gun. Also make sure you sight it in for the load your going to carry. Sometimes the heavier the bullet the higher it will hit.

The main this it is for is hunting. But before I hunt with it this fall I need to put a lot of lead down rang

I have always crimped in handgun bullet's. Read long ago that they needed the crimp to come up to pressure. Don't know if that's true or not but crimping has always worked for me and I'm not changing now!

I have a new 44 mag. I am looking at the performance cast 260 gr flat nose.
I’ve shot the Cast Performance 250 gr WFNGC out of my .41. Very accurate bullets in my revolvers. I Shot a few deer and pigs with them. Excellent penetration with zero expansion, caliber in and out.

It won’t matter what lead bullets you use if they don’t fit your throats and bore correctly.

I've always cast my own bullets. Right now I have three .44 bullet molds. Two cast 240 grain bullets the other drops 250 grainers that I put gas checks on and these are my full power hunting bullets. I use the 240 grain bullets for practice in both .44 special and .44 mag cases. I only crimp the magnum cases. My .44 special loads have only about half the recoil of the magnum loads and are fun to shoot. I've never had a .44 special bullet pull out from recoil like a magnum bullet will if it isn't crimped.

I also cast for 9 mm, .38 spl/.357 mag, and .45 acp. Again, I only crimp the magnum loads. I shoot an average of about 2,000 pistol bullets every year.

Been very happy with the 240gr Missouri Bullet Co SWC. Even if they mistakenly call it Keith-style.

Back