Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Calling all bears(except silvertipped)

CabinFever

Ran into a set of 5 1/2 inch tracks yesterday and thought of maybe giving calling a try to reign him in next weekend. I've checked over a few old threads on calling but was wondering if any of you have had much success calling bears. Would you only use rabbit distress or is there anything else that works? Also I saw someone mention not calling alone in cat country...is that really something to worry much about or not such a big deal? Some also mentioned having to call for 45-60 minutes continuously-could it really take an interested bear that long?

The area it was in is not known as thick griz country but is borderline and could possibly hold a couple...I'm hoping only way at the head of the drainage though. Right now it looks like I'll be hunting alone.

Bounce me a pm with your addy if you like, I just wrote an article on calling bruins and I'll make sure you get a copy. You can also check at SW and see if they have any left on the rack by the front door as you come in.

I've called in a bit over 60 (intentionally, not called in while calling elk) of the buggers and so have an idea or to as to what works and what doesn't.

Mato,

I was looking through old pics and saw this post. Any chance you still have a copy of that article? Thanks

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back