California hog hunt!

30-06howa

I am going to be heading out to Los Padres National forest in June for a pig hunt. Now i am new to hunting all together and have doing my research as best as possible. I have gathered all my camping and hunting gear and have become pretty comfortable with the new Howa 30-06. Has anyone hunted up near Chews Ridge if so can you give me any particular area? i have a topo map of the area and will appreciate any info. im also brand new to the forum. Thanks again.:confused:

Actually I want to say it's in Santa Barbara county. I hear talks that there are pigs there, I'm just would like a little more precision of a location seeing as how I can only be up there for 3 days

Did you ever go on the Hog Hunt? I live in Santa Maria and hunt in the Los Padres forest. Did you find any pigs? PM if you need some advice.

I am in the same boat 30-06 was - and looking for info on hunting Los Padres. I went down to the area near memorial park after travelling through Fort Hunter Liggett this past weekend. Saw lots of deer, but no pigs. Any advice would be great! I live in the Monterey Area, so getting to Los Padres (or Big Sur, etc) is no issue. Thanks!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back