Bullet Rehab

Redmt

Sometimes I get these really good ideas. Or not. I had a couple hundred hard cast lead bullets that looked really funky. I decided to relube them. They were really cold so I figured I'd stick them on top of the wood stove for a couple minutes and give the lube a little warm up. I forgot them. An hour later the factory lube had melted off and glued them to the aluminum tray. Should I lube them again and use for target plinking or just dump them?

Sometimes I get these really good ideas. Or not. I had a couple hundred hard cast lead bullets that looked really funky. I decided to relube them. They were really cold so I figured I'd stick them on top of the wood stove for a couple minutes and give the lube a little warm up. I forgot them. An hour later the factory lube had melted off and glued them to the aluminum tray. Should I lube them again and use for target plinking or just dump them?
Send them to me. 😂

I cleaned them up wiping the blobs and crap off them. Loaded a few and checked results against some "virgins" and saw now difference in barrel crap or velocity. Lesson learned and hopefully retained. Do not warm them up to cure the lube! It really did seem like a good idea at the time,,,,,

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back