Boy's First Javelina

stanley

I don't post much, but couldn't help myself on this one. Went out with my oldest on his second Jr. javelina hunt last weekend. We had a great time, and he connected on this healthy (and stinky ;) ) boar. Dropped him in his tracks with one shot from the .308 at approx. 80 yards.

Hunting with the kids ROCKS!

S.

:)

ErikDad2006Es2stpig-copy.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/stanleyaz/2006_Junior_Javelina_Erik/2006Erik1stpigV3-copy-copy.jpg

Thanks guys. We had an awesome time for sure. I've killed a few critters myself, and been in on many other kills. None of my previous experiences have compared to the joy & excitement of being there with my son on his first experiences. Good stuff for sure.....

We were helping-out at a Youth Camp hosted by the Arizona Deer Association (ADA) during the youth javelina hunt for the weekend. One of the other volunteers glassed some pigs up for us on Saturday morning (we owe him a HUGE thank-you). We moved-in closer, and had to wait them out over a brush choked draw for a 1/2 hour or so. We knew they were there, but they were not showing themselves. They finally started to move, and this one stopped quartering slightly away in the bottom of the draw at a pretty steep downward angle. He dropped the hammer on this guy 'sniper style' layed-out over my backpack on a rock.

Next up is turkeys in May!

S.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back