Caribou Gear

Black Hills SD 2010

MNHunter

Spent the last week in our stomping grounds near Hill City SD. We had 10 tags for 9 people. An 11 year old took 2 does and her father took a 2 point muley from 60 yards with his bow spot n stalk. I was fortunate to take this guy 2 hours after watching the biggest muley buck I've ever seen in person(4x4 and roughly 27" wide) at 80 yards for roughly 5 mins. Later, when this guy stepped out my first thought was he too was a muley as his rack (despite the pictures) is really tall.

Attachments

• DSC03413a.jpg
    DSC03413a.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC03414a.jpg
    DSC03414a.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 386
I have a terrible vision of a "blue plated" suburban filled with pumpkins cruising every road in the Hills.;):D

Just kidding, great buck. How did the rest of the crew do?

Nah, the trucks all had SD plates :D

Each person in our crew can shoot what they want so they ranged from little 6 pointers to pretty good 8s. Not sure why some guys shot on day one…there were sightings of a couple larger than the one I shot. We filled out Wed so there was definitely time to find those big boys. I’d post pics of some of the other deer but I was asked not to….besides they wear a lot more orange than me…it might hurt your eyes :D

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back