Bison Hunt????

Hunterman

I was looking in the store tonight at the buffalo meat and the price they were charging for it :eek: Thats some spendy stuff hump So in my thinking mode I go :rolleyes: I wander if I could talk Lady Nutcracker into a Bison hunt :rolleyes: Much to my delight :D she would like to go with me hump

So anyone know who and were a person can go to get one?? I'm not looking for a big bull just the meat...A cow would be just fine with me...

Hunterman(Tony)

Arco Idaho...... they'd let you take a Nice Mature bull to boot. Shoot it right in the Pen and Load it up, Pluss you could visit Moosie along the way :D

Last year when the BSE crap hit the fan up here you could buy all the bison you wanted for $100.00 a head on the hoof. The ranchers didn't care if you hauled them away standing or hanging. :) I'm heading out passed some of the ranches in a couple weeks, I'll find out the going rates for this year.

powderburn,,,what is BSE??? Anything like the madcow stuff?? $100.00 a head that sound good hump but is that Canadian or American??

Pen raised bison :rolleyes: should be some tender meat hump and a visit with Moosie :rolleyes: hmmm,,,lets see,,if I remember right,, the last time I visited Moosie,, he sat me in this nice glider rocking chair and didn't tell me that they were into RODEO furniture :cool: The damn thing threw me in less than 8 seconds :eek:

AZ402,,,What part of New Mexico???

Hunterman(Tony)

Hunterman BSE is the same as madcow and with that the Bison market dropped off. That $100.00 was Canadian and most guys just wanted out from under the cost of keeping animals around.

South Dakota has a few "free range" bison places. By free range they mean, free to roam around the pasture. Not much challenge, but a pile of good meat if that's your thing.

I have 2 friends coming out in a couple months to get a couple old bulls. They ought to eat like an goodyear tire. http://www.sdbisonhunt.com/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back