MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bison and elk now bighorn sheep

You've got to be kidding me. Before long they will want to start putting every animal in a bubble so it doesn't share any diseases with anything.

Wow. If Montana doesn't want them Utah will take them. I bet we would even trade you 2 domestic sheep for one bighorn ;)

I suggest that people spread the word of this proposal quickly and widely.

Link to submit your comments. The Public comment period ends May 19, 2014.
http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/publicComments/2014proposedR6SheepComminglingManagementAreas

Here is a link to the F&W Proposal
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...JYkhtKq67sQMUydWYzcbA9A&bvm=bv.65397613,d.aWw

"Region 6 bighorn sheep/domestic sheep commingling management area–

Proposed

An applied bighorn sheep management strategy is to maintain wide separation between wild sheep and domestic sheep and goats where possible. To prevent the possibility of commingling and disease transmission between wild and domestic sheep, FWP is proposing a defined management area which would encompass land well outside of bighorn sheep habitat and in areas domestic sheep are known to occur in Region 6. Wild sheep that wonder into this area could be dispatched by FWP to prevent the possibility of commingling and disease transmission from domestic herds to existing wild bighorn populations. This commingling management area would be all lands in Region 6 outside of bighorn sheep HD 680 and deer/elk HDs 621, 622, 631 and 632. In unique circumstances, FWP may authorize a landowner to dispatch a bighorn sheep in this area when FWP isn't able to immediately respond. Based on experience, only small numbers of bighorn sheep in isolated circumstances would be lethally removed. While limited lethal removal of bighorn sheep in these circumstances is not a new management element, this pre-defined management area is meant to minimize response times when commingling events are identified."

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back