Best deal on Carbon Arrow's?

huntbux

What do you guys think the best deal on carbon arrows are? What site etc?

I currently use Cabela's carbon hunter with 4" inch vanes 59.99 a dozen. They work great for me but would really like to switch it up to the smaller blazer vane type.

The sportsman's guide has Gold Tip Trophy Hunter HP's on sale for 44.97 a dozen

I want to get the best arrows for the buck and am looking for some recommendations or knowledge some may have of a good deal on the net or a place I can order from.

Thanks ahead of time.

If the Cabelas Carbon Hunter work great for you then I would just recommend getting them fletched with the 2 inch blazers. It doesnt take much to strip them down and with all the new fletching jigs on the market it doesnt take much effort to re fletch them yourself.

My arrows are carbon express 200. I go to Ebay and "favorite" these arrows. Ebay automatically updates with any new sells for that item. I have picked up many arrows at very reasonable prices. Most have to be cut to size, however, it is worth the savings. Just be sure the shipping doesn't eat into savings.

good luck to all
the dog

MN- What type of bolt? I'm gonna break the crossbow I inherited out of storage this year and give it a go and need to get some bolts. Dad shot Easton aluminums, but I'm thinking I'll go with carbon and save the 3 older ones for unloading and skwirrels...

I took a look at eBay and am liking what I see. I have never done much re-fetching so I don't have the experience I would think needed. We shall see, I will have to look at cost effectiveness.

huntbux,

Refletching is easy as pie.

Go buy your favorite color scheme of fletching, a fletching jig, laquer thinner, and Gorilla brand super glue.

1- take a sharp pocket knife and remove fletching, careful not to dig into the carbon.
2- Clean/degrease shaft with a clean paper towel and some laquer thinner. I also gently clean/degrease the base of the fletching.
3-put fletching in clamp.
4- For a two inch fletching, put two drops about on the fletching, spread it evenly up and down the base of the fletching with a toothpick.
5- Place clamp in jig. Wait 10 minutes. release clamp, rotate jig, repeat steps 1-5.
6- When all 3 fletches are glued, I like to put a small dot of glue on the leading edge of the fletch as a mechanical lock.

MN- What type of bolt? I'm gonna break the crossbow I inherited out of storage this year and give it a go and need to get some bolts. Dad shot Easton aluminums, but I'm thinking I'll go with carbon and save the 3 older ones for unloading and skwirrels...

Started with Easton aluminums then went to carbons. I'm back to the Easton's. I just like them better.

Once you have a fletching jig you can just buy the raw shafts and do your own. I bought a dozen Beman ICS Bowhunter shafts off ebay last year for $37.99 with free shipping. I just had to cut and fletch them myself. I wish I bought 2 dozen now. These are cheaper shafts, but I'm shooting a 47# recurve so I don't really need a high performance arrow. I limit myself to 30 yard shots. Camofire has good deals on arrows once in awhile too.

x2 on southshore archery.Not the cheapest but good work.I use Easton ACC Pro-hunters and oce you compare those side by side with some of the cheaper carbons;I thnik you'd be sold on using them also.They go for $170 a dozen,but accuracy is important to me.More so then price.Southshore has a huge variety of arrows to choose from and custom make them to your specs.When you need more, they have your specs on file

Learn to refletch your own arrows. It is so easy. Get an AZ EZ Fletch tool and it's foolproof. Then you can have consistency in your arrows. Buying fletched arrows from the shop is asking for trouble. It's unlikely they will be fletched the same from one dozen to the next. They will also likely be straight fletched and you will get much better results with some helical. Its also more economical in the long run.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back