PEAX Equipment

Bergara Ridge 6.5prc

chevyman181

Hello All,

I just wanted to see what folks are shooting in their Bergara Ridges in 6.5prc and what kind of groups they are getting?

Only shooting Cooper bullets and found that it is most consistent with 125 grain Bull Dozer 2 bullets and 58.5 grains of H1000, .030 off lands. Five shot groups are around .8 inches. Haven't chronographed it yet. Long road to get to this point. Only have 18 Hornady pieces of worn out brass to work with and all other components are low in inventory. Working on beding the recoil lug as the stock was not in full contact with the back side of the lug.

I'm shoot 156 eol and r26 and it's looking promising. I still have a little work to do.

Have you noticed any difference in group size shooting without vs with the break on?

Have you noticed any difference in group size shooting without vs with the break on?
Yeah, my first break was under sized. My gun shot about .25 better with the break off. Bergara sent me a new break and the new break shoots pretty much the same size group with it on or with it off. I'm not going to hunt with a break on. I forgot to put my ear plugs in once and it sucked. My head hurt for a couple of days.

Are you guys happy the way that rifle handles ? How smooth is the action ? Really considering one in 7mm-08. The ammo situation has me hesitating as I don't reload. I like to option of using the break on the range, then removing it for hunting if the POI doesn't change.

The gun handles very nice. Smooth action. I don't like the the fact that it didn't come with a magazine box and they don't offer a after market upgrade for the 6.5 PRC but I knew that when I bought the rifle. Still waiting on bullets so I can reload some ammo to compare how it shoots with and without the break.

Are you guys happy the way that rifle handles ? How smooth is the action ? Really considering one in 7mm-08. The ammo situation has me hesitating as I don't reload. I like to option of using the break on the range, then removing it for hunting if the POI doesn't change.
Mine has about 6in change in POI when I take the break off.. it shoots high. The action is smoother than my savages for sure. I have only put about 120 rds through mine. I had issues with a 7mag and had to send it back to Bergara and the only thing they could get me was the 6.5 prc. I received it about 10 days before I went on an elk hunt. I had it out to 600 without much effort and I'm sure it will do better once I get the chance to spend some more time tweaking it.

I bought one in 7mm-08 a few months ago and I love it. The heavier barrel contour adds some weight, but the balance is perfect. I topped it with a vortex viper 2.5-10x44. My best group so far is 2.75 @ 400 yards with factory 150 eldx ammo. The bolt and trigger are fantastic.

I bought one in 7mm-08 a few months ago and I love it. The heavier barrel contour adds some weight, but the balance is perfect. I topped it with a vortex viper 2.5-10x44. My best group so far is 2.75 @ 400 yards with factory 150 eldx ammo. The bolt and trigger are fantastic.
Damn ! I almost wish you hadn't told me that. Just kidding. Thank you for the info. Really tempting ! There's a couple on GB ...

I ended up bedding the recoil lug in my Bergara and here is my first 100 yard group with 127 grain LRX and 58.5 grains of H1000. Bullet 20 thousands off lands. Muzzle brake removed. Shot two more rounds loaded the same with the muzzle break on and bullets landed

I ended up bedding the recoil lug in my Bergara and here is my first 100 yard group with 127 grain LRX and 58.5 grains of H1000. Bullet 20 thousands off lands. Muzzle brake removed. Shot two more rounds loaded the same with the muzzle break on and bullets landed 2 inches apart. Still need to figure out what is going on there. Muzzle brake appears to have the correct size opening.

Attachments

• PXL_20210410_183109338.jpg
    PXL_20210410_183109338.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back