Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

bear river zone idaho

meateater1

I am new to the site and would appreciate any info. I could get. I am a lifelong Idaho elk hunter. I didn't draw any good tags this year and am thinking about buying a Bear river zone A tag. I want to hunt cows during the any-weapon season. I am willing to hike and do what it takes to find elk and hopefully get one on the ground. I have read complaints about there being too many roads and a lot of hunters in these units 77and 78. I am looking for anyone that has experience during this period from oct.25-nov.15. Is there areas a guy who is willing to work can get away from other hunters and find elk?

Thanks

Quite a few years ago I lived in Georgetown and hunted 76,77 and 78 a bit. Big enough units, I am sure you can get away from the crowds. Seems like there was always alot of non-resident UT hunters in that area. The numbers show better than average success rates for Idaho, and plenty of cows going down. Good Luck!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 699
I have hunted 75 for decades. If you figure the average joe really only shoots 300 yards or less, then there is a 600 yard corridor on the sides of every road. Get outside of that zone and you will avoid wayyy over 90% of the 'hunters' in the area. That said, guys hunt the roads for a reason, some have success. Lots of bird hunters on ORV's looking for grouse with their 300 win mags as well so avoid those trails too. I don't hunt the roads and I always see elk, almost always. If you can gain access to the hills on the west side of 75 you should do alright.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back