PEAX Equipment

AZ Unit 36B.

AZ402

This may put a damper on anyone who plans on hunting there.

"About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona have been closed off to U.S. citizens due to increased violence at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

The closed off area includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge that stretches along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu told Fox News that violence against law enforcement officers and U.S. citizens has increased in the past four months, forcing officers on an 80 mile stretch of Arizona land north of the Mexico border off-limits to Americans.

The refuge had been adversely affected by the increase in drug smugglers, illegal activity and surveillance, which made it dangerous for Americans to visit.

"The situation in this zone has reached a point where continued public use of the area is not prudent," said refuge manager Mitch Ellis."

Janet Napolitano said it was safe?? Gee who should i believe. I was down there over Xmas and did some yote calling about 5 miles from the border just north of Sassabe. Did not see too much to worry about that day but then when your up on a tall hill in the middle of a big flat with binos and an AR15 I dont think I was in too much danger.
Crappy part is I put in for that unit for Coues deer this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back