Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Arrows

Elkchaser12

Curious as to what kind of arrows everybody shoots on here right now I'm shooting carbon express maxima hunters. But have been considering a change what's everybody's thoughts on what is the best shaft for hunting?

I shoot Carbon Express Kevlar Hunters, Mountain Archery was running a sale on them for a while.

Been shooting Easton Full Metal Jackets for a year or so. I like them for hunting - better penetration than a few others that I've compared them to side by side.

had been going cheap and using Cabelas arrows. They worked fine but if they knicked anything other than a foam target they were done for. They were a b$#@! to pull out of the targets too. Just picked up some FMJ's and am looking forward to trying these out.

GT 7595 pros. Been playing with the vap line but not entirely sold on them yet. Nothing tuffer then gts.

I have been shooting the cheap BassPro arrows for a few years with no problems at all and have killed alot of deer with them. Shot 6 (3 does & 3 bucks) last September with all complete pass throughs. Now, it may be a different story if I were shooting elk or other large big game animals.

Victory Vforce. Not overpriced, hold up about as good as Gold Tips but penetrate better. Huntersfriend.Com has them for about $70/dozen. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

Curious as to what kind of arrows everybody shoots on here right now I'm shooting carbon express maxima hunters. But have been considering a change what's everybody's thoughts on what is the best shaft for hunting?
I shoot the same and they have never failed me. If it ain't broke don't fix it.....:cool:

I've tended to buy cheaper and cheaper arrows over the last 10 years. Started out using A/C/C's, the to GT Prohunters, then to the XT, now I'm using Expedition Hunters.

I typically order from South Shore archery and they do a hell of a job building sticks. I think they cut from both ends and square both the nock end and the tip. I can shoot they three GT shafts with no discernible difference in impact point.

I have been shooting the Easton Axis Realtree arrows for the last two seasons and couldn't be happier with them. They are a little heavy, but hit like a freight train!

I've been shooting Gold Tip XT Hunter 75/95's but just ordered a dozen Gold Tip Pro Hunters to see if I can see any difference in performance. Highly doubt I can shoot well enough to detect a difference of .002" straightness but it's fun to try new stuff.

Sure can't complain about the XT Hunters performance over the last 10 years.

Easton Bloodlines. They shoot great for me and aren't too expensive. They are a little on the light side so I use brass inserts in them.

I've shot Beman ICS Hunters for eight years and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back