MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Arrow

The farther the better I say. I have a 29 inch arrows. One of my bows is a 28" draw (7" brace) and the other is a 28.5" draw (8" brace). It's not a problem with the 7" brace bow, but I have to concsiously keep my fingers tucked in with the 8" brace bow. I've tried longer arrows, but they fly like crap.

I know it may look goofy, but I've never understood why bow manufacturers don't make some sort of extended arrow shelf that your hand completely sits under. Some guys don't think twice about having the broadhead sit just barely past the rest. To me that's like keeping you fingers in front of but just below the barrel of the gun. The bullet "should" miss it, but...

Emrah

As a standard, I cut arrows so the insert is flush with the front of the riser. Allows for use of all sorts of heads without riser contact issues and puts tips slightly in front of hand to ensure safety regardless of rest type. The benefits of cutting arrows another inch shorter are minimal compared to what I have stated, in my opinion.

For safety reasons, if its a fixed blade broadhead keep it at least 3/4" in front of the riser. If it is mechanical bh, keep it 3/4"-1" in front of your arrow rest.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back