Archery Technique

mlbuck84

I've ramped up my practice the last few weeks shooting at least 100 shots a week. (archery)

What i've learned is that shooting with both eyes open helps my grouping by at least 2-3 inches..

It's an individual preferance doing it this way. But I want to hear what others do?

Shooting my compound is complicated. I'm right-handed, left eye dominate. That means, left eye closed when focusing through my peep.

If i'm shooting my recurves, it's both eyes open focused on the spot I'm going to hit.

I know your supposed to shoot with both open, and I try to but struggle. I swear I don't have a dominant eye, so I can't help but see double, but it seems the more focused I get the easier it becomes to shoot with both open, but usually takes several shots before I can get into the zone, and also seems to get easier for me at longer ranges.

Shooting my compound is complicated. I'm right-handed, left eye dominate. That means, left eye closed when focusing through my peep.

If i'm shooting my recurves, it's both eyes open focused on the spot I'm going to hit.

You should be shooting left handed then, they made my right handed wife shoot left handed because she's left eye. A guy at the pro shop said he was like that too and shoots much better using his off hand and strong eye then the other way around.

I know your supposed to shoot with both open, and I try to but struggle. I swear I don't have a dominant eye, so I can't help but see double, but it seems the more focused I get the easier it becomes to shoot with both open, but usually takes several shots before I can get into the zone, and also seems to get easier for me at longer ranges.

I too am that way, but I have taught myself to be able to be either eye dominant. It has taken a while. But, I don't shoot my bow with both eyes open. Not sure if I can't focus enough to get that eye dominant or what. I can shoot my rifles all day long with both eyes open though. So I am not sure what my issue is, but I can hit a 6" circle at 60 yards, so I think I am doing okay.

Both eyes open, not sure that I have an overly dominate eye. I've shot guns with either hand equally accurate but never tried a left- handed bow. Mostly shoot right handed due to availability of guns/ bows.

You should be shooting left handed then, they made my right handed wife shoot left handed because she's left eye. A guy at the pro shop said he was like that too and shoots much better using his off hand and strong eye then the other way around.

I know.

My cheap ass parents made me shoot right handed because it was easier to find equipment. I started shooting competitive archery at 12(23 years ago), and learned to deal with it.

Both eyes open for sure. I was taught to shoot one eye, but switched a few years back. It makes a world of difference with both accuracy and follow through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back