Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

April 15th !!!!!!!!!

Well I'll be looking for a bear tomorrow after work but of course I'm not in Idaho so I am not baiting them, therefore my chance of seeing a bear is slim to none. I did have a somewhat succesful scouting trip this evening...I found a bear track on a muddy trail. hump Got it saved in my GPS. May go back in there either tomorrow evening or Saturday and watch that trail, for as long as I can stand to sit still.

WH, Good luck to ya bud !!!! Keep us Updated as the Stories come in !!

Flatlander, Never tried calling but hear it works sometimes.

I have heard calling will bring the bears in, and I plan on trying it sometime this spring. I'm going to try a fawn in distress, but probably not until I find a real concentration of bear sign, so I at least know there is a bear close by. Also I'm thinking the fawn in distress will probably be more effective a little later after the fawns are born.

Moosie,

I head out Monday. Hope to have some good pictures to share here with you guys. Our season has been open since last Fall for blackies, and since March 15th for brownies, but things are only now getting started.

My daughter has a soccer game in Cascade this weekend so I won't even get my bait out until early next week. Hopefully this weather will warm up soon.

Moosie

Yeah, I took the Wolf Pack out this morning and had them up hoping for a rig. However, I hunted a long a creek and the dogs kept riggin coon or bobcats. I should have been stronger and down set them down until I got a hard, stand up rig. But you know how is hounddoggers are,,,,can't wait to ship a dog.

I didi get some cold trailing in and video taped some of the trail scene for future use in my Hound Dog Crazy II DVD, but didn't leave them down long enough to get on eof those little devils up a tree. I also found four gobblers this morning and got some footage of them all fanned out. Look for them when the DVD hits the market.

Oh yeah, I kinda busted my leg alittle is why I pulled the dogs. It was bad enough I went and had it x-rayed...but they came back clean. Man, did that scare me, with a couple bears to kill this spring and a trip to Canada.

Good luck everyone!

the Ike hump

Well I cruised gated roads on Saturday and saw many elk and mulies but no bears here in the Bitterroots. I did set a record by pulling a dozen ticks off me at the end of the day. I never even went through any real thick stuff. Anybody seen anything yet? jerrym

I got my bait out yesterday in a new spot. I hope it works out...time will tell, I guess. The wind has been swirling every time I've been there so that has me a little bumed, but I think it's a decent area because I saw some tracks...pretty good sized too.

I tried to get some out today and couldnt get into my bait site. Still had a 2 1/2' of snow on the roads. Will wait till this Sunday to see if I can get back in there. I could only make it up the road about 1/4 mile. Have another 4 miles after that.

Got a garage/freezer full of bait waiting for the river ice to go out. I expect a late april breakup this year. Either way the boat comes out of storage next week for a little pre-season tuning--need to replace the bilge pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back