Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

anybody in elk country wanna trade a hunt?

cheeser

Don’t quite know exactly where to post this at so I will post in several of the forums. I live in Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I can shoot my deer rifle into Wisconsin. I have a cabin that sleeps 6 on forty acres that abuts a large tract of commercial forest and a pop up camper if needed. I am proposing to maybe trade some lodging/local wildlife knowledge for blue ribbon trout, inland lake fishing/ or a great lakes fishing trip or white tail hunting/ruffed grouse for a hunt in the future at maybe your area of the world. I would like to hunt for large game “anywhere” , elk/deer/muleys/bear/hogs/gators. Anybody interested in a trade or places in trade for mine?

Most elk hunting is either public land or outfitters. You need to draw a tag which is the biggest battle, depending on the state. Completely different than just buying a license and needing land to hunt.

There are Over The Counter (OTC) tags for elk in CO

Idaho, Washington and Oregon also offer over the counter tags.
It does take some advance planning and unfortunately you may find that alot of people wounldnt put whitetail hunting and elk hunting as an equitable trade. Best of luck to you.

Idaho, Washington and Oregon also offer over the counter tags.
It does take some advance planning and unfortunately you may find that alot of people wounldnt put whitetail hunting and elk hunting as an equitable trade. Best of luck to you.

It would be kind of like wanting to trade a deep sea fishing trip for Marlin for fishing in your farm pond.

I agree the trade may not be even, but you trade the assets you have.
I once traded hunting elk with 3 men for a turkey hunt in upstate NY. The group has hunted together in 4 states in the last 14 years. Elk, mulies, antelope, turkeys, rabbits, grouse, whitetails and lots of fish have been taken. I made out better than most, that’s for sure. Still, my advice would be, if you have time and access to elk, take a flier. Who knows?
If the OP strikes out on his request, I will put my money where my mouth is. Idaho. Public land. OTC tag. More like a long 3 pointer than a slam dunk but I am a lucky sonofagun.

I wish more people wanted to do swap hunts, little leary until you meet the guy but i love idea. I have world class hunting & trout fishing all around me and i would gladly help someone get set up with camp site, maps, scouting trips etc as its what i love to do but you aint sleeping on my couch and a return favor hunt would be nice. Hell for a extra case of busch i would dam near tie one to a tree for ya. I would also want some creditbility not a first post etc. always looking for big deer hunt if anyone is interested and has a tag in wyoming to swap with....

guys, please read the last sentence, . I would like to hunt for large game “anywhere” , elk/deer/muleys/bear/hogs/gators. Anybody interested in a trade or places in trade for mine?

alright, now I feel bad for giving you a hard time. not interested in a trade but I have plenty of wild hogs for you to shoot. send me a pm and we can talk.

I'm not really interested in hunting in MI, but if you decide to hunt WY, there are plenty of people on here willing to help you make the most of it. WY antelope is always a good start. You can easily draw a cow elk tag here in units with good access and lots of elk.

Back