MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any competition callers out there

cornfed

My son started competitive duck calling this year and won the novice division at the Game Fair in the Anoka, Ramsey area in Minnesota.How good of an accomplishment is this.He said there was a lot of guys in their fancy outfits with the sponsers on them and
he came out on top.He got to try the pro division after that and made the first cut but squeaked in the next round and didn't make the second cut.Just wondering how big of a deal this is?

cornfed....tell your son congrats from a fellow duckhunter!
just to get where he got, he has to be a pretty darn good caller. it's a big deal...comp callin is a whole different ball game...no allowance for mistakes that go unnoticed when luring some circlin mallards into the blocks. if he likes it I'd encourage him to keep at it and INVEST IN A 'HIGH END' CALL OR TWO for the comps...cuz the opportunities that can arrise from winning can be pretty nice...cash, noteriety, trophies, free gear, invites to special hunts down south.
A late friend of mine, Mike "Big Guy" Keller I went to HS with got into comp callin...he ended up going to stuttgart, ar for the nationals and ended up winning. he started his own line of calls, got invited on hunts and met so many people he was able to turn his love of hunting into his profession. he was also a blast to hunt with cuz his ability/confidence in callin ducks in real hunting situations was unbelievable.
God rest his soul...I know he's up there somewhere on a marsh talkin to the ducks!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back