Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Antler Saw?

Stanley makes a plastic handled version of the one Jose posted above, its much lighter, by about a pound.

I've used a bunch of different saws, the handsaw is the best for me. The Wyoming saw has limitations on depth of cut and stroke. I have the original and medium length version. They haven't seen use in years.

I stupidly packed a fold up saw (of some supposedly decent make) on a hunt this year because I couldn't find my hand saw last minute. We killed a bou and I was quickly reminded how badly fold up saws suck.

Until you perform antler extraction on a moose, you won't fully appreciate the usefulness of a standard handsaw.

Stanley makes a plastic handled version of the one Jose posted above, its much lighter, by about a pound.

I've used a bunch of different saws, the handsaw is the best for me. The Wyoming saw has limitations on depth of cut and stroke. I have the original and medium length version. They haven't seen use in years.

I stupidly packed a fold up saw (of some supposedly decent make) on a hunt this year because I couldn't find my hand saw last minute. We killed a bou and I was quickly reminded how badly fold up saws suck.

Until you perform antler extraction on a moose, you won't fully appreciate the usefulness of a standard handsaw.
The plastic one is the one I have. Works slick as hell. I've 1/2 a mind to make a kydex sheath for it for a bit more protection in the pack over the cardboard and duct tape I use now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back