Antelope and Blinds

Flatrock

So I'm planning on going to MT this weekend for a few days of archery antelope hunting. I planning on doing mostly spot and stalk but might also put up a ground blind on a waterhole. Here's my question. Say I see some animals using a waterhole and I put up a blind there the next morning and sit all day. Will they still come in to the waterhole the first time a blind is there? I know the ideal situation is to let a blind sit there for awhile so they get used to it but that isn't possible for me. I'm just wondering if it's a waste of time to sit on a waterhole the 1st day I put up a blind or if they will still usually come in.

So I'm planning on going to MT this weekend for a few days of archery antelope hunting. I planning on doing mostly spot and stalk but might also put up a ground blind on a waterhole. Here's my question. Say I see some animals using a waterhole and I put up a blind there the next morning and sit all day. Will they still come in to the waterhole the first time a blind is there? I know the ideal situation is to let a blind sit there for awhile so they get used to it but that isn't possible for me. I'm just wondering if it's a waste of time to sit on a waterhole the 1st day I put up a blind or if they will still usually come in.

YES YES YES they will. I had one there for 45 minuets and had 4 bucks come in and I shot one. A good backdrop or cover is key.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back