Another Brown

TBinKodiak

Well I was looking at Larry's pics of his dad's dandy bear and I decided I'd post up some of the one my old man got last spring. This guy goes 9'10" or 10' depending on who you ask. Those squared measurements are a little off anyway. Anything over 9' is a dang nice bear no matter what. This was my dad's trophy of a lifetime and I'm glad he was able to fullfill his dream of hunting them.
Me? well I live on "THE" island for brown bears, but I've just never had the urge to go that bad. I have paid the $25 for the license the last couple years but haven't gone. I do have a spot picked out on the wall, but only for a 9-9.5' bear, ten footers are just to damn big for most houses. Maybe next spring, this fall I got ducks to shoot. (I know Moosie will understand that) :D
Anyway I hope you enjoy the pictures and if its your dream to hunt them then I hope you are able to go someday.

Attachments

• BearwithGunShot.jpg
    BearwithGunShot.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 227
  • BighideShot.jpg
    BighideShot.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 225
  • BigPawsandClaws (2).jpg
    BigPawsandClaws (2).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 228
Great pics TB...that smile says it all!

What was he shootin' on that pig? Stories???? We want stories!!!!

My dad had booked that hunt about 4 years ago. That was before I had even thought about moving here. So I move here and he's already put all this money down on the hunt so he decided to just go instead of going here on the island with me. Anyway he flew out of Dillingham in late April. The snow was good and they used snow machines to ride up to different areas to glass. One morning on their way out to the ridge to glass they spot this guy about a mile away and took off after him on snowshoes. He hit it in the chest with the first shot and the bear bolted down through the timber. He shot 2 more times hitting it once. They found him a little while later piled up down in the timber. He was shooting a 338 Win Mag with 225 gr Barnes bullets. The skull is just shy of the all time book but will make awards. Of course he's getting a lifesize mount and has to put a patio door in so he can get the bear in his house. :rolleyes:
I just haven't decided if I should go shoot a bigger one or let him have his glory with that little mainland bear. :D

HAHA !!!! Nice bear. I have one of those Bad Boys on my list for next year......

1. Brown Bear
2. Mnt Goat
3 Ducks ..... ;)

Back