Another 2015 Antelope, fathers and sons

KRS

2015 is our year, we have been buying pref points for 3 years to get our group of fathers and sons together for an antleope hunt in WY!

Can't wait for September when it should open. Lots of work to do between now and then, but very excited about the prospects.

We will drive in, and camp.

I see there are others who are planning the same thing. Good luck to everyone.

I have read lots on forums about WY antelope. We will probably allot 4 days for the hunt. Youth tags are very reasonable for us non residents.

That's awesome!

I, along with 2 BIL's, will be putting in for 'lope tags this year as well. If draw odds are similar to last year, we should draw our unit. Not a lot of trophy quality there, but tons of animals and public land to roam. Will also be putting in for doe tags in a neighboring unit for a little extra meat. I think we're going to hunt the first full week of October, with a weekend on either side for driving. We should be able to avoid the opening day/weekend crowds that way.

We'll be towing my in-laws pop-up out there, as the unit we're looking at is quite a ways from any hotels. This will be the first time either BIL has hunted out west, so hopefully it will be a memorable experience for them.

I told the wife come hell or high water im hunting Wy. in 2016. Its hard to read all the success stories on here all the time, but it gives me something to look forward to.

So excited.
Might try and make a scouting trip early summer.
Thanks all for the encouragement.

Yes, i hear you about weather. My buddy i am going with hunted last year. He said one day was fine, then it rained for three days and the roads were barely driveable

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back