PEAX Equipment

Alpen <$400 for $1400 binocs ?

Not unless they've gotten a lot better than they were. I owned a pair of Alpens for a while. They were nice, but not that nice.

:cool:

Notice the website was "alpenoutdoors.com" seems to me that you cannot trust a review posted on a website of the company?

I have a buddy that has the Alpen he cant wait till he has the money to buy better binos, says they aint that good

Good point about it being their own web site. I know Alpen has cheap ones too, I guess I'll go look and compare, it might be from IHMSA, the way it looks, too? The new Sportsman's Warehouse here has both of them, Alpen and Swarovski.

I looked at them all at sportsmans, all seemed so clear to me but I went with the Brunton Epochs, and got other deals with them, like a pair of brunton 10x24s which I gave my dad for xmas, compass, and a brunton bino buddy great binos for the money

FYI Brunton imports products and puts their name on them. They aren't a manufacturer from what we can see - and nothing is made in the USA. I might be wrong on this currently but that is the way they were a couple years ago. Check the labels -

The point about manufacturers hyping their products is well taken. It is too bad that more aren't stand-up folks. Perhaps if more offered a full lifetime guarantee on their products (like we do!) the marketplace would not have so much junk in it.

I found the Apex model, its not like the Swarovski's, its not as bright and not as clear. That article just is not right, I guess.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back