Almost Grouse Season!

Brentster7189

Who's anxious to start carrying their gun again? I sure as hell am. Idaho and grouse hunting, I can't wait, this month is really dragging now. Two more long weeks! I'm anxious to get the pooch out there after some birds, she's going stir crazy! We've been going on walks in the evening and she's been getting into pheasants and quail but wondering how come I'm not putting any down. I love watching my pointer work...nothing like it!

picture.php

I don't target grouse specifically, but my god have I seen a ton of them this summer scouting. I went on a 13-14 mile hike the other day and kicked 20-25 different grouse out. I'll definitely be picking up a blunt tip or two to carry around this archery season.

it is time, I'm officially going to let my lab work some upland game this year, I've meant to, for the last 5 years, and a buddy has a griffon puppy that's gonna see some action.I just hope the plan comes together like we want it to.

Grouse - sooo much darn fun... The best thus far, we had one trip during archery season where we knocked down a couple grouse, gathered a bunch of PRIME huckleberries, had a couple cutthroat trout... olive oil pan fried with crunched up pringles... Good stuff - damn, now I am hungry. Looking forward to the "camp" aspect with friends - and hunting... Grouse are certainly a nice evening break from extended elk hunts. :)

Besides the chance of dropping some birds I'm pretty excited just to get back out into the woods. It's been a while since I've been grouse hunting, hopefully the numbers are good this year.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back