After Church Duck Hunt

jlmatthew

I went for a duck hunt on a friends ranch after church. I did manage a hen Pintail and a limit of bonus birds! The big one weighed in at 11 lbs 9 oz on the Post Office scale not counting the weight of his head and neck. He was banded here in Colorado on June 19, 2006 .
My Lab Katy made two incredible retrieves yeterday where I thought the birds were going to be lost.

Attachments

• PuebloLimit011611 014.jpg
    PuebloLimit011611 014.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 187
  • PuebloLimit011611 019.jpg
    PuebloLimit011611 019.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 183
Sweet! Sounds like a great hunt. Congra on the band. They don't band ourflyway :mad: I think I would be more excited over a goose band than a 400 bull.

Last edited:
Congrats J!

Maybe we'll get some more Friday!!:hump:

Sweet! Sounds like a great hunt. Congra on the band. They don't band ourflyway :mad: I think I would be more excited over a goose band than a 400 bull.

I bet Jason will trade you that goose band for a 400 bull!! What flyway is that?

Congrats J!

Maybe we'll get some more Friday!!:hump:

I bet Jason will trade you that goose band for a 400 bull!! What flyway is that?
I could be wrong but we have piled over 2000 geese in the last ten years and not one band. I have asked everyone I have ever talked to about honkers and none of them have ever heard of one band being recovered. If they are out there, I bet it is one in 20000.
:)

Congrats on the band and having a great dawg!
I got really lucky on banded Honkers. State apparently had to prove to FWS that we had a resident Canada flock.....so they neck banded and foot banded a large number....Yee haw....them thar neck bands were easy to pick out! Mounted one as tho he was coming in with his neck and leg band still on him! Sumbeech weighted almost 16#! Lotsa good park popcorn in him!!

Now that's a statement. You should spend more time hunting geese in areas that have bands, and less time flying to in accessable spots to kill that 400 elk.:eek:

Now that's a statement. You should spend more time hunting geese in areas that have bands, and less time flying to in accessable spots to kill that 400 elk.:eek:

There is a time for everything. Thats why I'm going to South Dakota this spring for the fourth year in a row to try and get a collar or band. Killed over a thousand snowgeese and one buddy got a band the day I left.

Heck yeah I would. Bands are cool, but its just a piece of metal placed on a bird dumb enough to be caught, and then shot! I put it on Katy's collar so she could look like Jeff Foiles LOL!!!!! ;)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back