Caribou Gear Tarp

A shed project I completed this weekend.

IdahoBugler

Here is a set I found about 12 years ago. The set was around 1 year old and not in to bad a shape. I used the browtine method and I think it came out fairly good. Just maybe a shade to dark. But I love those dark timber bucks anyway. I then put them on a repo skull that I got from a guy off of mm. Let me know what you guys think. I have a couple more sets that need to be done also.

P1060246.jpg

P1060249.jpg

P1060250.jpg

P1060253.jpg

P1060263.jpg

P1060268.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I think they look pretty good. I've got a buck on my wall with antlers just about that color.

skull

where did u get the repo skull? how much do they run? I think it looks really good.

MAybe you should spend some money and that Stain meathod on that Unstained Deck and Fence .. GEEESH ;)

Looks good bro !!!!!

PS, It's 11:16 and I'm jsut going in to Ask the wife.... I'll tell you how it goes in the Morning. By the time you read this I'll have had my answer..... Fingers crossed !!! Will be a Miricale if I pull it off........

Papa Moose said:
PS, It's 11:16 and I'm jsut going in to Ask the wife.... I'll tell you how it goes in the Morning. By the time you read this I'll have had my answer..... Fingers crossed !!! Will be a Miricale if I pull it off........

I'm guessing no nookie for Papa Moose tonight|oo

They turned out really nice. I picked up a shed this spring that is very similar to being the same color, mine is actually maybe a touch darker.

carbonarcher said:
IdahoBugler, that looks great, I would be interested in hearing some info on the where you got the repo skull as well as the staining method you used. I have a set of matching 190ish whitey antlers I'd love to do like that. Great Job.

I can't take credit for the staining process just changed up what color stain a little. A well known gent by the name of Browtine came up with the idea, it's fairly simple. Just start with a clean shed and apply stain. I used Walnut as I've tried Aged oak and another lighter stain but just couldn't get the desired color I wanted. I still need to find a color that is a little lighter then walnut. That being said each stain takes different to each horn (age of shed etc.). Make sure and try it on an older shed so you don't ruin your prize sets. On the lighter stains I would rub the stain on and let set for 10-15 minutes. With the walnut stain I didn't leave it on very long at all. After stain is applied make some mud and rub it all over the stained shed. I used a towel and rubbed in the mud really hard which exposed the whiter high spots on the shed. Rinsed off and let dry. I then added a spray on Sanding laquer (sp?) and let dry again. Then use 220 sand paper and rub the horn down cleaning off the high spots again until you get the desired look. That's about it just trial and error until you get what you want.

About the skull, I bought it from a guy on monstermuleys but I just noticed that he has been selling them on ebay. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/DEER-SKULL-EURO...ryZ36272QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
He has instructions that go along with his skull. It's pretty hard getting the horns exactly how you want them on the skull but again the more you do the better we'll get.

That's about it. Good luck and show us how they come out.

Hey bugler, that turned out pretty good!!
Did you get that skull from me??

You should PM me, and i'll give you some pointers on making that joint look natural.

Back