NEW SITKA Ambient 75

A little late archery success

EYJONAS!

Got to get out with dad a couple weeks ago for a goat hunt in Eastern Mt. He had the rifle tag I was pretty much along for the ride, I did however think to myself what the hell I got a 900 tag it's still open why not. So I took the old bow with, not having archery hunted all year it seemed like a good time to start. I was just excited to get out and hunt with him for the elusive speedies. We hunted a good chunk of private and quite a bit of public on the first day not hardly turning anything up in either place we decided to move into some ag areas. In probably 8hrs of driving around hiking different ridges glassing basins we saw 11 goats with 4 bucks. None of them worth taking, so we headed to the landowners house and he pointed us south. Turned a small herd up with a decent buck and dad took him a perfect 300 yard shot.
The next day we said good bye thanked the land owner and we were off. Neither of us wanting to head home yet we made another round and what do you know. There's some goats on public bedded by a cliff. PERFECT! I grab my gear dad takes the truck and i'm off. Attempt one I had to back out and reposition. Coming around them from the south the wind wasn't ideal but it would have to do. I thought the goats would be about 50 yards below me if I made it. Sure enough the sneak payed off, they stood up i ranged him 55 yards. Drew and delivered, a brody to the body. A pretty steep quartering too shot, I actually had to get on him again at 35 and finish him. The first shot was a through and through though not sure how he made it through that one.
I climbed the ridge flagged dad down and the look on his face was priceless. A look like wtf, I can't believe that just happened in rifle season. After a quick pack out we headed home. A hunt I'll never forget. Good luck to all this season, remember it's never too late for the bow. 2018101195175334.jpg20181012_103507.jpg20181012_103633.jpg

Attachments

• 20181012_103722.jpg
    20181012_103722.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 342
Not sure wtf is up with my pictures I can't ever figure them out. Btw the finger in the frame is dad's he's not the most photographer friendly guy. Pretty much a get a couple good ones and let's roll.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back