3D Targets

Have three older ones I was given; porcupine, javelina, and a mountain lion. They are actually convenient to set everything up at varying distances and angles. All of these are small, around the size of my block which is convenient.... I say go for it.

Based on my personal experience, I only have one piece of advice: Purchase a 3-D target for the species you're going to hunt; don't buy and practice with an antelope target if your going to hunt elk, or vice versa...

You can pick up cheapy deer targets for at or below $100. Try one of those out and see if you like it. Then decide if its worth investing into one that costs more but has bigger better replacement vitals, more realistic size, and is more durable. The Glendale series is nice but spending while the Delta's have a lower price point.

They are nice when gaining reference points for wind drift.

I've always felt 3D targets just make practice more enjoyable. My brother and I had a course set up in the small canyon near my house, we had a couple of deer, a turkey, an antelope, a bear and a block. It was nice to have shots that were varying in angle and distance, as well as competing against each other. Anything that gets you practicing more often is worth it.

I have used several of them...they are a great aid in your hunting practice but like mentioned before...buy the one you will mostly hunt. Here in the east I basically whitetail hunt unless I am lucky enough to draw a tag which isnt to often. I use the glen del buck and it works great.It is a great training aid for my 8 yr old son on shot placement as well......:cool:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back