Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2nd and 3rd axis sights?

Paul in Idaho

Do bow sights with 2nd and 3rd axis adjustability add significant value to accuracy in a hunting situation?

It's time to upgrade the sight on my bow. I'm trying to decide if spending the extra money on one of these would really help accuracy, or if it's a marketing gimmick. What are your thoughts?

In my experience, it makes a difference when shooting 3D or hunting in steep terrain, or even from a treestand. The 3rd axis plays a huge part in the up or down angled shots.
I have found that if your 3rd axis is not set correctly, your POI can be considerably different at steeper angles (even at close ranges).
The 2nd axis keeps your bow vertical (left to right cant) at full draw and comes more into play as your shot distances increase (I think). Kind of like a bubble level on a rifle scope can make a huge difference at any type of distance...
There is a ton of info online about this subject, but again, in my experience/experiments, having these axis set correctly can make a big difference in accuracy.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boxcutter223
Back