28 Nosler loading input...real world states desired!

Mtnhunter1

As I posted in the firearms thread, I picked up a Browning X-bolt Pro in 28 Nosler. Looking for reloading input for this round,,,,, powder, bullets, etc.. I have an idea of pushing 160gr Accubond and or 175gr Partitions.

All thoughts and observations will be welcomed,,,,real world chrony stats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mtnhunter1

Find some ADG or Gunwerks brass if you can. For bullets in the 160-175 I’d start with Retumbo or H1000.
The 28 really shines with 180-195s though.

Find some ADG or Gunwerks brass if you can. For bullets in the 160-175 I’d start with Retumbo or H1000.
The 28 really shines with 180-195s though.
Anything wrong with Nosler brass? Did you find that Retumbo shot dirty? Been a while since I played around with H1000.

Thanks for the info. I'm a huge fan of Nosler's standard Accubond and Partition bullets. The only LR bullets that I have personally tried are the Accubond LR and the Hornady ELD-X. Neither preformed as expected on game. So I will try to stick with known performers and save some meat damage. I have skinned and boned a few critters killed with the shrapnel bullets and didn't like the end result.

I shoot a few wildcats and love the straight wall 35 degree shoulder design of Nosler's new cartridges. The 28 should be a fun round to play around with and I'm leaning towards the 175gr Pt.

The Nosler brass is soft but it works also. Retumbo works well and isn’t very dirty from my experience.

Back