Caribou Gear Tarp

Mudranger1

first off I want to congratulate everyone on their success stories..man I'm in awe of how some get it done year after year! I on the other hand have been after it for the last 4 years now and between learning and mistakes have just plain blown it every year on elk...This year was going to be different, I had a deer, elk and bear tag in my pocket and planned on having the torture of packing everything out. My Dad and friend from Florida were coming up so while I want an elk bad I kind of try to help them out first as much as possible. Well I only drew back once and about the time the bull was coming into a clearing my friend let an arrow fly...right over the bulls back lol missed at 45 yards (on a side note if he had posted up where I told him to it would have been maybe a 15 yarder and he probably would have seen the bigger silent bull that came in first and busted) No big deal...There wasn't a ton of bugling this year especially for the last week of the archery season. We saw tons of spikes very few cows and a few legal bulls putting the silent treatment sneak on us...in the end no elk, no deer and no bear. It has been a rough year so far for the household, I think we are close to 15 unfilled tags since turkey season and it's really starting to wear on me! Anyways the wife and I are leaving for Wyoming to antelope hunt tomorrow so hopefully things will turn around!

Attachments

• IMG_4652.jpg
    IMG_4652.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_4662.jpg
    IMG_4662.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_4670.jpg
    IMG_4670.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_4666.jpg
    IMG_4666.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_4667.jpg
    IMG_4667.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_4677.jpg
    IMG_4677.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_4688.jpg
    IMG_4688.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_4695.jpg
    IMG_4695.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_4716.jpg
    IMG_4716.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 416
Those are character builders for sure! Just spent 5 hard days hunting in New Mexico for elk and deer and came home empty handed so I know how it feels.

Good luck on your antelope hunt. Those are usually good ones to get things turned around on!

I have a folder full of pristine elk tags from the past 12 years....

Nice pics Mudranger.

Last edited:
Ah well, at least your tag didn't go unpunched for the same reason mine did. That's good looking country.

It's because you support lighted nocks :D

I have unfilled archery elk and bear and antelope tags plus a turkey tag. I still have a buck deer tag and cow elk tag for 3rd season, but it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate higher up to drive the elk and deer down to our unit. I also have a late season antelope doe tag, plus my wife has the same tag and it will be her very first hunt, so I'm under a little pressure to get her on something. This year has been my best year for tags, but most are unpunched...sometimes shit just happens :D At least you've been able to spend some quality time with your wife and kids out in some beautiful country. Those memories are special.

But you've been stinking it up ( :) ) in beautiful country with family sharing in the adventure. Worth it.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back