Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2013 British Columbia Mountain Goat Hunt Pt.1

The goat moved back off the back side of the knob. We figured it would come down around the side. After a half hour, we decided to work our way out of the draw.

We slowly picked our way to the knob. We figured we could work our way around the left of it and up on top. Since my goat draw was good for the next 7 months... QK would get first crack at a goat.

QK posted up near the base of the knob. I kept working around to the left. To the left ended up going vertical. I went back around to see what QK had seen.

As I come around the corner, QK had his binos up. He was watching a kid. We decided to move in for a closer look.

We shimmied our way along a rock ledge to gain some altitude. We got onto a a rock and were able to look down at the kid. We tried to get closer. One of us kicked a rock loose.

Next thing we knew, there was 8 goats burning out from behind a rock slide, headed up a rock ledge. They disappeared over the top. The last goat stopped and looked back at us. Then turned and took off with the rest of the goats.

Me and QK just turned and looked at each other with shit eating grins. After a fist bump, we started our descent back to camp. The whole way back we couldn't stop talking about what just happened. Within bow range of 8 goats was quite the rush.

It was a late night with verbal diarrhea. But it was decided that we would hike out the next day. Knowing my luck, we'd end up getting something. Then we wouldn't be out until late. But we figured that we had a pretty good pinnacle of the trip.

Last edited:
Back