Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2012 Elk AND Mule Deer Down!

Thanks again everyone. I'm blessed to have such awesome family and friends, great places to hunt, the freedom to hunt, and I live in a great state. Filling tags is just icing on the cake!

What are you doing for mounts? I wanna see your trophy room...and your 8 point again...oh baby that bastard was big!

What are you doing for mounts? I wanna see your trophy room...and your 8 point again...oh baby that bastard was big!

Neither one is getting mounted. Just not big enough, but still good eatin'! I've got bigger in my rack pile in my shed. The downside of having a small house is that I don't have room for much else...gonna have to be a real pig!

BTW...isn't it past your bedtime back there? ;)

Neither one is getting mounted. Just not big enough, but still good eatin'! I've got bigger in my rack pile in my shed. The downside of having a small house is that I don't have room for much else...gonna have to be a real pig!

BTW...isn't it past your bedtime back there? ;)

When do I get to have this problem? LOL! Oh and yes, I got in trouble for going to bed so late.:p

That first post would have been much cooler with less Blowtech swag pics and more pics of your girlfriend :D

But, seriously...Congrats!!

Great choice on a broadhead too!!

You know those first couple of pics were for you and all the other Bowtech haters! I just had to show you all what kind of success is possible when shooting a good bow! LOL ;)

I was glad with the way the 100gr Shuttle-T's performed. I'd been doubting them a little the last couple of years on how they've held up. Hopefully TT fixed the problem because they fly great out of my bow! But I've got no complaints so far this year! :D

Great shots on those animals..........I missed a beauty 7x7 this weekend by misjudging yardage........rookie mistake. Wishing i had one of those perfect red spots behind the shoulder. No way the hunting gods were going to let me have two 7x7's this year:):)LOL

Thanks guys. Two 7 pointers in one year would have been awesome. I have yet to shoot a straight 7 yet. I've got a big 6x7 and an 8x8 though, but I need to fill that spot one of these years. I just wasn't patient enough this year, but had a great hunt none the less.

I'm not very good at editing photos, but I did try playing around with them a little bit. The attached photo shows where I was and where my mule deer was when I shot him and then how far he went. Just did this for the heck of it while I'm watching the DVR'd NASCAR race from yesterday. :)

Attachments

• DSCN0970a.jpg
    DSCN0970a.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back