Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2 Wyoming antelope down

That's awesome! How did you like Unit 9 in terms of public land? We put in this year with 0 points and didn't get drawn, but will hopefully hunt that unit next year.

I had zero points this year and was lucky enough to draw. The public land in unit 9 reminds me more of mule deer country then antelope. They are def there but it's more broken/rolling country for the biggest section of public along 270. The further west i went in the unit the more goats we seen. Ended up hunting about 25 miles west of Lusk. I killed one of the two biggest antelope I seen on the entire trip and I spent the first two days driving and glassing. If you're looking for a big goat, I'm not sure unit 9 would be the place. If your looking for a nice representative of the species then I would recommend it. I am beyond excited with the goat I tagged out on. If you decide to go next year shoot me a pm and I'll be more specific about where you can find the goats.

I had zero points this year and was lucky enough to draw. The public land in unit 9 reminds me more of mule deer country then antelope. They are def there but it's more broken/rolling country for the biggest section of public along 270. The further west i went in the unit the more goats we seen. Ended up hunting about 25 miles west of Lusk. I killed one of the two biggest antelope I seen on the entire trip and I spent the first two days driving and glassing. If you're looking for a big goat, I'm not sure unit 9 would be the place. If your looking for a nice representative of the species then I would recommend it. I am beyond excited with the goat I tagged out on. If you decide to go next year shoot me a pm and I'll be more specific about where you can find the goats.

Agreed, but also the center pivots east of town treated us well also. Great bucks, anything with a bow makes it special.

A nice representative of the species is exactly what I am looking for. Next year, our 1 point should pretty much guarantee unit 9. This year we are hunting on leftover tags on unit 24. Congrats again to you and your lady.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back