PEAX Equipment

1st MT archery elk hunt in the books

LukeDuke

Back at the office after the most memorable hunt I have ever been on. We filled one out of four archery elk tags in Montana last week. For first timers, we felt pretty fortunate with that result:) We saw elk each day, which was exciting in itself. Our buddy shot a 5x5 on day one. His wife had a 5x5 come in at 30 yds and then he jumped the fence onto private ground(awesome video of that) I called in my first bull, a 6x6, but he winded me at 70 yards and trotted away in all of his glory. My brother and I had a group of 6 bulls walk right by us at 9 p.m one evening....we were pinned down and had to wait for them to pass so we could hike back to the truck. So cool to be that close. It got really hot late last week and the elk just weren't coming out from cover until the very last few minutes of light. Even though I never drew my bow I gained a whole new love for archery hunting. If it was a rifle hunt, we would've probably all tagged out in the first couple days. Instead we hiked numerous miles, saw bears, a wolf, deer, antelope, elk/etc. Watching a herd bull chase his cows around was the highlight. He was a beast and I will see him in my memory for years to come.I will head back in November to hopefully put my tag on a cow, but feeling very blessed to have had such and awesome archery outing. A great way to start off the 2015 season. Met some great archery hunters/ranchers out there...MT has a lot to be proud of...you guys and gals do it right. Best of luck. Here are a couple of pics

Attachments

• pack out.JPG
    pack out.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_0911.-15JPG.JPG
    IMG_0911.-15JPG.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 657
  • MT-15-View.JPG
    MT-15-View.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 659

Forum statistics

Threads