17 cal

brockel

Been out of the 17 Cal game for a few years now but just picked up a 17 tactical for a steal of a deal. What bullets are you guys using for coyotes? I have some 30 grain black hole bullets. I heard kindler isn’t making the 30 grain golds anymore and Hornady no more 25hp. My go to bullet was Berger 25 grain match but it also isn’t made anymore

U used to shoot 25 grain vmax back in the day out of my 17 rem mag. shot some 20 grain and lighter bullets as well. Never was a fan of the 17 for coyotes, At least not out of the 17 rem mag, lack of penetration and lots of fur damage if hit a bone. But were talking 4400fps+ speeds

U used to shoot 25 grain vmax back in the day out of my 17 rem mag. shot some 20 grain and lighter bullets as well. Never was a fan of the 17 for coyotes, At least not out of the 17 rem mag, lack of penetration and lots of fur damage if hit a bone. But were talking 4400fps+ speeds
25 grain vmax will do that

I've been using the 25 grain Bergers but my supply is getting a little low.

http://www.saubier.com/forum.html is the place for small caliber info if you aren't already a member there. I haven't logged into that forum for a while but if anyone is making 17 cal bullets those guys over there will know.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back