110 TTSX 7mm Mag

CB1

Anyone tried this? Thought about trying to work up a load but wanted to see if anyone has. I would assume this is enough for dee/pigs down to coyotes. Or is this too small for the cartridge?Thoughts?

No, but 25yrs ago I loaded the original Barnes 120 X over a casefull of R22. It was super flat and a wonderful killer of deer sized exotics and deer. Good luck to you pard!

I shoot the 120gr TTSX out of my 7mm and it shoots like a laser. Deadly on deer and antelope. I imagine the 110 would be very similar.

That’s promising. Thought it might be a laser with the small bullet with that much powder behind it. Glad to hear something similar worked well for you.

Yikes Barnes data has them coming out at 3500fps. That'll make short work of just about anything (insert Dr Evil "LASER" :D ) Although another 30 grains and a 140 TTSX moving 3100fps would mean you'd be set for practically every animal in North America.

I don’t think I’d need to worry about expansion at that speed. That was a thought as well. I do have a 270 I was going to work something up at 130 and use that for elk (if I get the chance to go). The more I think about it the odder it seems using the mag with that light of bullet. Hoping it would be more than enough for anything I’ll encounter down in TX. Maybe I have my priorities mixed up ha.

I shoot the Barnes TTSX 110gr. out of my 270 Win, and has taken deer & hogs cleanly every time, so I have no doubt it'll do the same in your 7mm. Good luck.

For ranges out towards 400 yards (typical hunting) it should prove deadly.

Anything longer than that, i'd go with a heavier bullet with a higher ballistic coefficient to buck the wind better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back