#1 and #2 of 2013 season.

rhomas

Banned
i44ys2.jpg
2qx3zop.jpg
80 lb doe killed Sept. 19th at 6:20 pm, with T/C Encore .308 and Winchester 150 grain power points at about 80 yards. 138 lb basket racked 8 point, killed Sept. 21st at 7:20 am with the same gun and load at about 135 yards.

Last edited:
Nice deer & shootin iron. I have one of those ugly rifles in OConner 270..it don't do nuthin but look bad and shoot straight.:)

dink, the only tags we have are the four optional doe tags, which allow us to legally kill an antler less deer on the weekdays and from Sept. 15th till the first of our 14 doe days that are basically most Saturdays beginning in October and ending on the last Saturday of the season.

Kansas Dad, I haven't had a double digit year since sometime back in the 80's, although I do usually end up with at least 6 per season. Then of course Travis usually gets a couple each season so between us we average 8 or so each year. That is the major source of meat for our table, along with an aunt and one of her sons and a couple of older black women who used to provide home health care for my dad before he died.

Nice lookin deer. How do those 150 power points work? Always though of trying some in my 308

belly-deep, that's the only .308 ammo I shoot, and I've killed a lot of deer with them both out of the T/C and my Ruger Mark VII over the last 13 years. I've tried every brand and weight, but the 150 grain power points are the best shooting, most accurate, best penetrating, and have the best consistency of all. I zero my scopes to be 1 inch high at 100 yards, and seldom shoot much over 200 yards and always get a complete pass through, with most deer dropping in their tracks; and the ones that don't seldom go more than thirty yards.

That load is also perfect for 'yotes, bobcats, and fox, too.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back