MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

SHOT Show preview - New Leupold Rangefinder Bino

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using a prototype for the last two years. I didn't think word was going to be announced until SHOT, but I see they started the promo at SCI today.

Of all the prototypes I have ever had the pleasure of testing, this one is the most remarkable. Since we were not able to show them on footage the camera crew was often using them. A few of you had sharp eyes and caught me with them in a few episodes.

Still waiting for the final specs on the package that will be released, as mine were one Gen prior, so there is obviously some tweaks to this final model.

Saaaaweeeeet!

49344324_10101576319724699_7208018638194868224_o.jpg

The press release said $3000, schmalts will have to be a miracle worker to get that down to my price range.

Last edited:
Wow, pretty cool. Would work well during rifle season but I kinda like the smaller rangefinder for archery. And I think I'd rather spend the $$ on tags. But some of you guys seem to be made of money so have at it!

Well, all the other companies rushed and put rangefinding binos out to market as quick as possible, while Leupold took their good old time to fine-tune. So, my bet would be all the other companies can just pack it up and go back to the drawing board for quite a while if they want to compete with these. Love the patience from Leupold. Might as well do it right the first time!

Well, all the other companies rushed and put rangefinding binos out to market as quick as possible, while Leupold took their good old time to fine-tune. So, my bet would be all the other companies can just pack it up and go back to the drawing board for quite a while if they want to compete with these. Love the patience from Leupold. Might as well do it right the first time!
This isn't Leupold's first try at RF binos...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...gefinder-binocular-9x-32mm-armored-gray-black

Interesting logic. I personally doubt Leica/Swaro/Zeiss are shaking in their boots.

Interesting logic. I personally doubt Leica/Swaro/Zeiss are shaking in their boots.

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty sure my friends Swaro binos with range finding lack nothing. I do hope Leupold has success with these and and maybe can come in at a lower price point than the others.

Thanks for correcting me. Those in the link look antique worthy compared to the new pair. The pair in the link appears to be around 9 years old according to the reviews. And yeah, I exaggerated a little in my previous comment. Still, Leupold has been one of the last to come out with a more recent pair (as far as I know) due to their extensive testing. Tim Lesser (in one of the Gritty Podcasts) was talking about taking a little longer than some to come out with a recent pair because they wanted to get them right. I respect that as apposed to sending out the first thing that will sell.

The press release said $3000, schmalts will have to be a miracle worker to get that down to my price range.

I sure hope this isn't true, why would anyone not just buy a swaro or leica at this point?? Nothing against leupolds rangefinders or binos, but for alpha price I will pick the alpha every day of the week.
It does look crazily similar to the meopta listed above. (which are priced at $2000).
Curious to see more specs as time goes on!!

I'll see what I can dig up for information at the SHOT show in a couple weeks. Where it's made will have a lot of factor in the price.

I checked them out the other day. IMPRESSIVE optics to say the least. They are a little big in size but most ranging models are. Built like a tank, and the they are NOT Chinese like a lot of the new competition. I know the factory and it has a long line of impressive optical manufacturing. It will be able to take input and store ballistic data for ranging. The price.... I am not sure if they have it 100% yet but the MSRP will probably be in the range with other Euro ranging models, but final sales price I hope I can work on. I asked if I could get my hands on a pair when they come out but I didn't feel the love. Supplies will be very limited in the beginning and since I have to buy from a distributor I have to play the waiting game. If anyone here does want to be one of the first buyers let me know and I can try my best to get a pair to sell and get feedback for the rest of us.

I checked them out the other day. IMPRESSIVE optics to say the least. They are a little big in size but most ranging models are. Built like a tank, and the they are NOT Chinese like a lot of the new competition. I know the factory and it has a long line of impressive optical manufacturing. It will be able to take input and store ballistic data for ranging. The price.... I am not sure if they have it 100% yet but the MSRP will probably be in the range with other Euro ranging models, but final sales price I hope I can work on. I asked if I could get my hands on a pair when they come out but I didn't feel the love. Supplies will be very limited in the beginning and since I have to buy from a distributor I have to play the waiting game. If anyone here does want to be one of the first buyers let me know and I can try my best to get a pair to sell and get feedback for the rest of us.

Be interesting to see if these are made by Meopta and if so what Leupold prices it at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back