Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

30 Nosler

I chose the Bergara B14 Ridge in 7mm Rem Mag. It will get a VX5 3x15x44 and I will be working up a 160g Accubond load for it. It seemed like the best compromise between what I already had and a the 30 Nosler I was looking at.

Last edited:
Good caliber, rifle, and optics. Post range results please.

Sure will, I ordered 5 lbs of RL22, Federal 215m primers, 250 Accubonds and some Hornady brass. Should all be here next Wednesday. The optics shipped today and will show up Friday, going to be a fun week.

Nice choice. I am going to save my lunch money for the same scope for my .280.

Great choice of caliber and bullet. If RL22 doesn’t produce try H1000 or 7828.

Race you to the range.....

Edit: Run the shit outta those dials on the VX5 and let me know how well it tracks.

768CACAD-C124-4E5C-BDFF-2B1CCB186130.jpg

952AF4CC-9D99-42B1-A564-80CC115C2041.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked it up this morning, headed to cabelas later to get a Hornady OAL gauge and case. I wanted to go lead free as well but blew the budget on the optic. SPS had a sale on the Accubond blems and couldn’t pass up the savings.

067B4182-7EA6-4983-9E06-D54D95D0F30C.jpg

This one feels really good, well balanced, bolt is smooth, and a nice crisp 2-3 lb trigger. It has all the makings to be a shooter.

Sure will, I ordered 5 lbs of RL22, Federal 215m primers, 250 Accubonds and some Hornady brass. Should all be here next Wednesday. The optics shipped today and will show up Friday, going to be a fun week.

This post.... It seems so far removed from reality that two years ago you could just order all this stuff and say, "Should all be here next Wednesday." Probably can't get any of those things today.

I know I'm dredging up an old post. A listing for a 30 Nosler caught my eye yesterday, so I was perusing old threads to get a sense of people's thoughts on the cartridge, and I about choked on my hot cocoa when I read this.

QQ

This post.... It seems so far removed from reality that two years ago you could just order all this stuff and say, "Should all be here next Wednesday." Probably can't get any of those things today.

I know I'm dredging up an old post. A listing for a 30 Nosler caught my eye yesterday, so I was perusing old threads to get a sense of people's thoughts on the cartridge, and I about choked on my hot cocoa when I read this.

QQ
Trying new load in a rifle so I bought 3 lbs of powder and 200 bullets in last week, both had more in stock when i left store so feel lucky. Dont need primers and glad cause they seem scarce. Not a 30 nosler but i got a 300 norma imp and its amazing, 230 bergers...wow. i think if you want a 30 nos get one!

QQ
Its a fantastic round. Tons if energy and absolutely outs the smack down on elk. Like a 300RUM in a shorter case

Mine is shoots 1/4" -1/2" MOA all day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back