Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Hey guys,

Hope everyone's season is going well. We have recently had a couple major updates to the App that we wanted to let you guys know about.

Sharing:
Last week we released the ability to share a waypoint with hunting partners, loved ones, etc. This feature will allow you to share one waypoint at a time with your hunting partners via link through email, text, etc. In order to utilize this functionality both the sender and the recipient must have the most updated version of the App. However, you do not need a paid membership to send or recieve waypoints. You can find more information about sharing on our blog.

Import/Export:
We also wanted to let everyone know that Import/Export is on our roadmap as a feature we hope to release in the future.

Saved Maps:
You can now change transparency and deactivate layers while in Offline mode.

We want to thank you guys for all your feedback throughout the last couple months. Your suggestions and feedback will continue to help us improve our product. Good luck on the rest of the season!

- onX Hunt

So how can I purchase a second state??? I have tried my phone, iPad and computer and I can't purchase a second state. It only gives me the option to purchase the elite membership for the entire country, which I have no use whatsoever for. Anyone have any ideas???

Looks like they broke that option with one of the updates. I would guess you could call and get another state turned on.

Hey guys,

We are excited to let you know that you can now import/export using the Web Map functionality of your Hunt Membership. We have attached the FAQ's for import/Export below:

Export FAQ's
Import FAQ's

- onX Hunt

The links don't seem to work for me. I'm excited about this though. Being able to import or export my data was the last thing keeping me from being able to go "all in" with OnX

The links don't seem to work for me.

The links didn't work for me, but I am typically happy to forge ahead without reading instructions (a sore point for my wife) so gave it a shot. My first batch went up without a hitch and synced to my iphone -- I am a happy guy.

Last edited:
Make sure you have the most updated version of the App. We are continually releasing updates that will alleviate crashes you are experiencing.

I've been having issues with my app crashing while using offline maps (iPhone 7). I just updated the app, even though it hadn't been too long since I updated. I sure hope this helps. It was really frustrating to be hunting a new area last week and my app was useless because it kept crashing. I will be hunting the same spot this week so we will see how it does.

I would test the app at home to make sure it's working; turn off cell data for the app then go to airplane mode, then start the app.

I imported a large kmz file containing tracks. Each track is individually listed under contents but each segment of an individual track has its own mileage marker displayed. Dozens for each track.

I imported a large kmz file containing tracks. Each track is individually listed under contents but each segment of an individual track has its own mileage marker displayed. Dozens for each track.

Thanks for the feedback. We will take a look at the labeling for your tracks you imported and get back to you.

It appears that a geopdf converted to KMZ does not import...
All of Oregon and Wyoming's Travel Management/Walk in area maps are in Geopdf format.

edit: multiple tracks exported from OnX as GPX don't show in GE unless you tick the "kml line string" box, which breaks them into a separate string and location point at every location ping. Exported as KML, they come into GE fine and are listed individually in the Places bar. Tracks exported as KML is the way to go. Waypoints exported as GPX work fine.

Last edited:
Any chance onxmaps will clean up their Colorado State Land layer so that it shows state lands with public access versus closed state trust lands? There are shapfiles available from the state that depict which are which and this should be a easy import and symbology change.

Really like the roadless feature of the app. It basically confirmed what I experienced and suspected this hunt season. Question I have for the onxmaps team, is it possible to add a custom feature to allow you to adjust the sensitivity of roadlessness? For instance an area I hunt literally has no roadless areas showing on the onx layer. It would be great to decrease the sensitivity or distance to the nearest road in order to find the most roadless area. Hope this makes sense.

Really like the roadless feature of the app. It basically confirmed what I experienced and suspected this hunt season. Question I have for the onxmaps team, is it possible to add a custom feature to allow you to adjust the sensitivity of roadlessness? For instance an area I hunt literally has no roadless areas showing on the onx layer. It would be great to decrease the sensitivity or distance to the nearest road in order to find the most roadless area. Hope this makes sense.

+1 for this suggestion.

I have the app for a single state, can I add on an additional single state? The only option I see is to add Premium for a month or a year.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back